Adding a custom tab to your Facebook is simple.
- Install the Iframe Apps application: https://apps.facebook.com/iframe-apps
- Allow access to add the tab
- Select a page to install the tab
- Your tab is now installed
Now that your tab is installed on your Facebook page, you can customize it however you’d like. Let’s review the different elements of the tab.
a. Likegate & Leadgate
You can add a likegate or a leadgate before displaying the content you wish to show on your tab. The purpose of the likegate and leadgate is to trigger action from your users in order to see the content on your tab.
Likegate: Encourages visitors to like your page
Leadgate: Prompts the visitor to enter their contact information
b. What can you add to your tab?
- A simple image (upload)
- A URL (embed a mini version of your website on a tab)
- An HTML (customize within the app)